New Skirt block needed…

…after the dress block needed alterations. Since I will need to make the very basic style to check the fit I have decided to make a skirt from a fairly busy print that I still have available from my summer stock (Cotton sateen 503) as a wearable muslin. I have been looking for an excuse to use some of this! Cotton sateen

I saw this picture in a magazine recently and thought how nice the print skirt looked. I know that not everyone would agree, but as someone who has almost no hips (barely a waist either sadly) I can afford to wear a print on my lower half. I thought it looked lovely with the crisp white blouse – another project perhaps?

Anyway, as a result of all the fiddling I am now off to redraw my skirt block from good old Winifred Aldrich ‘Metric Pattern Cutting for Womenswear’ and expect to be able to convert the said block (sloper to any Americans reading) into any number of skirt patterns which should fit. I should be able to start the skirt tomorrow.

 It looks like I have got my personal sewing mojo back. Hurrah!

Advertisements

One Comment on “New Skirt block needed…”

  1. prttynpnk says:

    I love that print! Keep going- I can’t wait to see it!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s