The cushions won…Posted: September 2, 2018
Yup, almost a whole month since my last post a pretty much all I have to show for it is an exhausted demeanor and a sofa full of cushions. I’m afraid I went for the (very) easy option as my brain seems to have gone away altogether. Everything is feeling like hard work at the moment. I have actually cut out a pair of pj’s but they aren’t coming together at any rate at all. So please admire the cushions.
Ok? They don’t all live on that sofa all of the time but I grouped them for the photo.
I have also managed to finish the EZKAL from Kates blog. You might remember from my last post that this has ended up too wide across the front neckline for me (picture here) so I needed to pull the knitting back to just above where I joined the sleeves on. I have to confess that I left this for a ridiculous amount of time as I simply didn’t have the brainpower to handle what needed to be done. When I eventually DID get around to it the task was nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated.
Using pattern cutting, and previous knitting, knowledge I decided I needed to reduce the stitches low in the raglan shaping to take the excess away from the point above the bust. Not hard, I just increased the decrease rate to every row rather than alternates until I had reduced by the number of stitches to reduce the neck appropriately. I wanted the neckline to be a little away from the neck ( more boat rather than a little round jewel neckline) so tried the jumper on a couple of times to get the position about right. It is probably still a little higher than I really wanted it but I wasn’t prepared to pull down again.
I’m pretty happy with this frankly ridiculous garment, and I know I will wear it a lot. I would have preferred not to have the camel colour as the ribs and by my face but it was the colour with the largest quantity available so hey ho. It is longer than I expected which is odd since I was using the same measurements that I used for the pink alpaca sweater but I’m happy. It is also a bit bigger than expected too – maybe using the acrylic made my gauge a little ‘off’ – but over all I can’t say I’m upset about that. I have to say thank you to Kate for introducing me to the Elizabeth Zimmerman system of knitting as I’m really enjoying her methods.
I’m on a promise to make another of these for my daughter now and hopefully it will take less time than this one. There’s a reasonable amount of decent tv at present so once I have set up it should be a good mindless knit.
Hopefully I will manage to achieve more in September than I have in the past few months but I’m making no promises. I hope you’re achieving more than I am. It wouldn’t be difficult 😦